September 12, 2011

Lockout update + "my reliable source"



Wow, haven't posted here in a while, but don't worry, I've been pretty busy posting in my "lockout journal". Anyways, it has been 73 days since the lockout started, yes 73 days, and I have decided to give you a short summary and an update.



The first 2 months of the lockout was a complete drag. We had 2, maybe 3 meetings in that time, where little or no progress was made. There was much more talk of players going oversees (Deron was first big-name to do so) than there was of negotiating. The follow weeks after that the players and owners begun to meet more often, and there was some progress reported, but not much. How, things have picked up this past week. Here is what happened.

-There was 2 meetings last week. Yes in one week, not 2 months. In a matter of fact, there was almost a third meeting, but they canceled that one so they could meet earlier this week.

-There was the infamous Roger Mason Jr. tweet "Lookin like a season, how u?". Now of course, he said his account was hacked, which is probably right, but why?

-Billy Hunter (Player's Union Rep) and Stern both said there was time to make a deal, and felt like they could get it done in time for a full season.

-Neither side has said they have put their best deal on the table yet.

-There is a "rumor" from SI that Fisher text-messaged numerous players last week indicating that some progress had been made and imploring them to be physically prepared just in case the season started on time.

-There is a meeting tommorow where a new CBA deal will be presented by the owners. Now I don't expect the players to accept it, but they will most likely give a counter-proposal, and maybe they two sides can find something out of that?

The deadline of having a full season is said to be Oct. 1st give or take a few days. I'm am fairly optimistic that something can be worked out in that time, that still gives us over 2 weeks, which could be 3-6 more meetings if they keep up the current pace. Although most players and owners haven't said too much positive things, I'm remain positive myself that something can and will get done, what I'm about to tell you is one reason I think so.

* I've always been iffy on "reliable sources", however this is my first and I do trust it. I'm not going to name names, but here's my story.



I have a brother in-law. My brother in-law's dad, is an executive or some high member is a company (sorry, no names, just trust me). Anyway, "this" source does business with this company, thus he knows, and is good friends with my brother in-law and his father. Thanks to this source, I have attained tickets and autographs from/for a certain sports team. This source happens to be a former athlete (I'll let you guess what sport and association) and currently works for a professional sports team that he may or may have not played for. Soooo, my brother in-law and my sister went out to dinner last week, and happened to see this source there, they talked for a while and caught up and all. Then the source tells them "I'm not supposed to be telling you this, but it looks like there is probably going to be a season."

And that is what my sister told me. I know I can trust my sister 100%, and the source (I know who he is, they told me) I also trust very much, he is a classy guy and not one to fool around. Of course this comes down whether this source's sources are legit or not, which I have no idea, but if so...lookin like a season, how u?

No comments:

Post a Comment