April 19, 2011

The With the season gone, we can only look ahead Post

* Ok first off, let me apologize for not blogging about the last few games of the season. I know I promised I would do every game, but yeah, anyways...

The Jazz season is over, we didn't expect missing the playoffs, no one did. Even the ESPN and NBATV people who seem to hate us, thought the Jazz would make the playoffs.

Now you can't entirely blame the Jazz for not making the playoffs. Sure we played great the first part of the year, but once our team lost trust in each other, everything fell apart. Our defense went from great to horrid, one of the worst in the league. Our offense was nothing like what it had been w/ the booz/korver/wes core. The locker room seemed torn. Sloan was tired, Dwill was being, well, emotional Dwill. But my point is, if you take a fragile team/lockerroom, and remove their coach, what do you expect? And we have to realize, not only did we lose our coach, but we lost THE COACH, one of the best ever, that will directly effect your team imediately, whether its just the loss of his Grade A coaching, or the emotional drain you have. W/out sloan, we may have not made the playoffs. Then KOC, the man who never does anything, does something, and not only does he do something, he does something big. I'm not sure whether Dwill really found out that he was being traded from the espn sports ticker, but if that is the case, we were all probably as suprised as him. It was crazy. I remember I was in class at school, where I don't get very good service on my phone, and I hit a minute of service, and I got a FLOOD of texts, all from twitter (i get @tribjazz and @lockedonsports tweets sent to my phone, for this exact purpose). As I read them, I didn't know what to think. I thought for sure it was a joke, or just a bad rumor that KOC would clear up later today on the radio. But it wasn't, it was real. Dwill for Devin Harris/Derrick Favors/2 1st round draft picks. Totally stunned, I asked the teacher if I could go to the bathroom, and went and told all my friends. I still was unsure of how to feel, part of me felt happy, and part of me was pissed off, very pissed off.

I am still, to this day, iffy on the dwill trade. For the most part, I have probably seemed, more for the trade, then against it, and that is true. I would do the trade if I had the decision. Overall, my opinion on the trade, is best described by the word, acceptance.

And the trade is done, the coach is gone. There is no sense in lookin back, wishing we had seen this team hit their stride, which they could never do. They is no sense looking back a year, and wishing we had kept wes/booz/korver. It won't happen, the past is the past, and with this season gone, we can only look ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment